Monday, December 30, 2013

Shear Story

It all began...with the hair..

The number one question I get the most with people on the streets is...well...where do I get my hair cut and styled. 


It's all me. 


I cut my own hair and style. 



 Throughout my whole life, I've always had long hair, along with an insane amount of frizz, dryness, and dull-looking ends. My hair was always an utter disaster to say the least.

That's when I decided to change and refresh my look.

At around 20 years old and bored out of my mind. After having watched Tabatha's Salon Takeover (great show by the way) , I walked to the bathroom, I took sum shears and started chopping my hair off. My hair was a length of about 5-6 inches below my chin. It all got whisked away in less than 30 minutes.


I was left with an A-line bob.




I enjoyed my new hair, and the rest....is history as they say.

I played around so much with my hair. I decided to go for more of an edgier look and gave myself razored layers throughout, for more of that disheveled look.




Again, played around with just mere shears and a razor that my dad had lying by his razor in the bathroom. Little by little, I learned techniques that anyone can use to achieve a whole new different hairstyle without having to pay so much to see a hairstylist.

A year or so later, I found my signature hairstyle, my staple when all else fails, the faux hawk. 






Everywhere I go, I always get asked at least by one person, where I got my hair cut. They get shocked to know when I tell them I do it myself, because it's that easy. I grab my brothers clippers, some sharp shears, and a razor and have fun cutting it.

In my next blog post, I will go into detail in what I use to cut hair, where you can find the items and further explain how you can achieve different looks.




 It's only hair and it always grows back, so I say, have fun with it.


);