Monday, September 1, 2014

The Red Lip


Jumping into the fall season soon, a red lip is essential to my go-to makeup look for the upcoming season.
I love a bold red lip and yet, there's so many options to choose from. Whether they be from the drugstore or higher end, I love having a multitude of red lipsticks or stains to go with my fall wardrobe.

I believe a red lip can be a perfect statement look whatever season it may be, but I do have to say I'm uber excited to wear it in the fall with a variety of accessories.


I've taken particular interest after having come across Micah Gianneli's blog which is by far my current obsession at the moment. Not only is her style so exquisite, but her bold lip is always up to point, clean, and polished to go with whatever outfit she displays. Her sense of style is just so clean and sleek, yet always pairs well with her extreme, bold red lip.


Micah Gianneli

I recently took a trip to Sephora and acquired the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red. Let me start off by saying that it was love after first swipe. I've been eyeing this product for awhile after Bonnie from Flashes of Style mentioned it awhile back as her go-to lip color and other YouTube beauty gurus as a great option for a bold red lip.


Flashes of Style (Bonnie Barton)

I decided to try on the newly acquired lippie and see how it compares to my other red lipsticks in my huge, but well loved collection. 

I have to say, after inital wear, I love it because: 
1. Wears EXTREMELY well for a prolonged period of time
2. It is a very intense and bright red (perfect for day and night wear)
3. Feels smooth and NOT drying on the lips as other lip stains and lipsticks can end up feeling after hours of use
4. Easy to apply as it can give precision and definition to the lips just with the applicator provided in the wand
5. Not much product is needed to provide an intense look to the lips, so a little goes a LONG way
6. Particularly inexpensive as it came out to around $14, including tax for such great quality, pigmentation, and wear..











So would I repurchase? I definitely will restock once I'm out of this baby. It's the perfect product if you want that bold lip that won't fade throughout the day, that feels moisturizing on the lips, yet is matte and contains no sheen as I really prefer my red lip to be a matte one. I'm sure I'll be wearing this color a lot this fall and in other seasons. It's no wonder many rave about it, it's a perfect red lippie!!

Blogger Images from Google
);