Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Black Cocktail Dress


Every time I wear this dress, I feel like a superhero for some odd reason. Nevertheless, it has become one of my most beloved dresses I own, as it can be worn for very exclusive events or for a night out. I never used to be such a big fan of black in my wardrobe, but I think this dress changed my way of thinking...

















Outfit:


Dress: Dailylook
Earrings: Silver studs from Forever 21, Ear cuff from Urban Outfitters
Ring: Black Stone Ring (gift)
Shoes: Kitten Strapped Heels from ZARA
Bag: Large City Bag from ZARA


Hair:


Again, I love the tousled, out of bed look. I took texturing cream and grabbed individual pieces of hair to achieve that bed-head look. I then finished it off by spritzing a bit of the John Frieda Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to lock it all in. 


Base Makeup:


Foundation: Bare Minerals Matte Foundation in Medium Beige

Bronzer: Nars Bronzer in Laguna
Blush: Nars Blush in LoveJoy
Highlighter: Highlight shade in the Milani Brow Fix Trio in 02 Medium, Ben Nye Banana Powder
Setting Powder: Bare Minerals Mineral Veil

Eyes:


Eyeliner: Milani UltraFine Liquid Eye Pen in Black, Wet N' Wild Pencil Eyeliner in White to rim inner corners of eyes to brighten them up, Revlon Colorstay Gel Eyeliner in Black

Mascara: Lancome Definicils Waterproof Mascara in Black
Eyeshadows: Silver and metallic shades in the BH Cosmetics Matte 88 Color Palette
Eyebrows: Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel, 2 taupe and brown shades in the Milani Brow Fix Trio in 02 Medium

Lips:

Lipstick: Wet N' Wild Lipstick in Red Velvet

);