Friday, August 8, 2014

The Black Tank with an Everyday Smokey Eye


Tank tops, in my opinion, are a must in a wardrobe, but a black tank has always been my staple when I have no idea what to wear.
They can be dressed up or dressed down and can be accessorized with basically anything. I decided to pair a black tank with a pair of red skinny jeans for that extra pop of color, along with jewelry pieces to make it more edgy.


I decided to pair this outfit with an everyday, go-to smokey eye. If anyone knows me, I love me a smokey eye that's wearable with basically any outfit, yet accentuates the eyes nicely without being too over the top. I opted for more blue and reddy tones of eyeshadows to complement the red skinny jeans and added a pop of black to the outer corners of my eyes for a nice amount of drama. I went nude for the lips as I believe if you're going to go bold for the eyes, tone down those lips. I chose MAC's Creme D' Nude lipstick which I have been LOVING as it goes great with a smokey eye in general. I would wear this look any day of the week as it is easy to do and adds extra emphasis to those eyes..                                             

























                      
Outfit:

Tank: Forever 21

Skinny Jeans: Red Skinnys from Agaci
Platform Wedges: ALDO Zipped Wedges
Earrings: Peacock Feather Drop Chain made by me
Silver Ear Cuff: eBay

Hair:

I finally needed to clean up the sides, as my hair tends to grow really fast and thickly. I used clippers and I believe in #2 and gradually shaved slowly for more of a fade. I then washed my hair and added a texturing cream to add more definition and pieces to my hair. I finished it off by spritzing John Frieda's Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to maintain hair during the day. 

Base Makeup:


Foundation: Bare Minerals Matte Foundation in Beige (slowly starting to become one of my favorites)

Bronzer: Nars Bronzer in Laguna
Blush: Nars Blush in LoveJoy
Highlight: Mehron Precious Gem Powder in Pearl
Setting Powder: Covergirl Oil Control Pressed Powder in 525 Buff Beige

Eyes:


Eyeliner: Milani UltraFine Liquid Eye Pen in Black, Revlon Colorstay Gel Eyeliner in Black

Eyeshadows: Dark Navy Blue shades and dark red shades from the BH Cosmetics Matte 88 Color Palette, Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Witness White to highlight inner corner of lids
Eyebrows: Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Mousse in Medium Brown to draw in the tail of my eyebrows and Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel to fill in the sparse hairs at the front of my brows
Mascara: Lancome Definicils Waterproof Mascara in Black

Lips:


Lipstick: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme D' Nude

Lipgloss: Milani Brilliant Shine Lipgloss in 07 Pink Lady 


);